Call 415-453-4515 or Email Us to reserve your pup’s spot in our Jumpstart Training Program.
Congratulations on your new puppy and Welcome to Jumpstart.
Jumpstart puppies are potty trained early, undergo non-stressful crate training, learn to sit to ask for what they want, lay down, ring bells to go out, race to you when called, walk nicely on a leash, play nicely with other puppies, learn how to greet older dogs appropriately, became fixated on chew toys instead of your shoes, meet strangers happily, enjoy children, travel to new places and more.
How Jumpstart Works
Jumpstart takes place at the beautiful Ciel Blue Ranch in Indian Valley, Novato, and at the Hound House.
How Long Does the Jumpstart Program Run?
Jumpstart is a 6-week program that runs Monday through Friday.
What age should my puppy be for Jumpstart?
Your puppy’s development during the first 4 months of his life will accelerate dramatically so this is the time you want to begin socialization and training. Jumpstart can begin as early as 8 or 9 weeks of age, but is also ideal for older puppies.
What does the Jumpstart program include?
The Jumpstart program includes:
- Daylong training and socialization at our ranch in Indian Valley and at the Hound House in San Rafael
- Weekly Saturday Classes in a variety of locations including:
Marin Country Mart in Larkspur
Can you work with my schedule (travel, interruptions)?
We can accommodate travel schedules and interruptions as these don’t seem to impact puppies if interruptions to their routine are only a week or two. Most puppies do well with 3 training days a week, interspersed with two playcare days (ie Mon, Wed, Fri training days, with Tues and Thurs playcare days).
What comes after Jumpstart?
You’ll find continued education and support for your growing puppy at the Hound House:
Daylong care, ongoing socialization and off leash romps at the ranch and Hound House will maintain your puppy’s training and socialization into adolescence and adulthood.
Training Camps are multi-week training programs for your dog and you. They are perfect for Jumpstart graduates.
JUMPSTART Skills Your Puppy Will Learn:
- To ring bells to potty outside
- Basic Obedience (Sit, Down, Stay, Go to Bed, Heel)
- Lightning-fast Recall (racing back when called)
- To sit nicely to ask for what he wants
- To walk nicely on-leash
- To play nicely with children and other puppies
- To greet other dogs appropriately
- To meet strangers politely
- To travel to new places confidently
- Stress-free Crate Training
- To behave nicely in the car
- Chew toy training for bite inhibition and to prevent destructiveness at home
Daylong Socialization helps puppies to meet and interact with all types of people and dogs so your puppy does not become fearful as an adult.