Dog training for busy people who realize that both they and their dog need training yet have limited time to get it done
HOW CAMP WORKS
- Your dog is trained at the Hound House and on a private ranch twice weekly.
- You and your dog attend a Master Class together once a week. Since your dog is already receiving training you can concentrate in your part. Classes meet in a variety of public locations throughout southern Marin so that you and your dog can develop your recall abilities together as a team.
SHUTTLE SERVICE – GETTING YOUR DOG TO THE HOUND HOUSE
The Hound House Shuttle is available for Sausalito, Tiburon, Mill Valley, Greenbrae/Kentfield/Ross, San Rafael, and parts of Novato.
Pick-up Time: 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
Drop-off Time: 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Shuttle Cost: $12.00 one way, $24.00 roundtrip
The Hound House is open at 7:00 AM. Please have your dog at the Hound House between 7:00 AM and 9:45 AM on training days. The ranch shuttle leaves promptly at 10:00 AM. All dogs must be picked up at the Hound House by 1:00 PM.
FOR YOUR DOG ON CAMP DAYS
Please send your puppy or dog with a harness (we prefer the Easy Walk harness by Premier). If you forget we can loan you one for Camp).
If your dog has allergies to certain foods, please send a full baggie of treats he can have. We use fresh cooked chicken, roast beef, hamburger and string cheese.
WHAT TO BRING FOR CLASS
Training Treats – String Cheese, deli roast beef, meat loaf, cooked or boiled chicken breast. Treats you use for training should be premium grade, soft and easy to swallow quickly. Please bring more than you think you’ll need.
Tip: You can get a Costco rotisserie chicken for $4.99 – cubed and bagged in individual baggies you can freeze and use it throughout the class.
Breakfast – On the day of class please give your dog 1/2 or 2/3 his usual breakfast. (You, on the other hand should eat!)
What to Wear – You will be moving around in class so please wear comfortable clothing and athletic shoes that tie or fasten with Velcro so they don’t come off. No sandals please. Children and family members are encouraged to attend.
If you miss a class, you may send a friend or family member in your place or attend class on the alternate day if it is available. Otherwise there are no make-up classes so please consider your calendar carefully. Training Camps are offered year-round.
Weather: We train rain or shine. If the weather is too severe (a heavy downpour) we may switch Camp training days that week. On class days we may convene at the Hound House if the weather is too severe.
EQUIPMENT FOR CLASS
- A harness of any kind, as long as you can hold your dog at the shoulder and above.
- A long line – you can borrow one for class but you’ll want to have one of your own. You can buy one locally. Get a minimum length of 20′ (ours are 33′)
- Treat pouch on a belt (snap open ones are best)
- 6′ leash
- Portable water dish and bottled water. We’ll be outside and there may not be water immediately available.
EXTRAS: Hound House Baths are available so your dog returns trained and clean. Please call to schedule. Pricing is dependent on size and coat condition.
- Increased socialization for your dog
- Daylong opportunities to practice new skills
- Increased focus, drive and prosocial behavior
- Make new friends (great for play and practice dates)
- Ongoing support and training
Your dog should be friendly with other dogs and people. If you are unsure about sending your dog or puppy, please call us for a complimentary behavior consultation. If you have a young puppy you may wish to consider our Jumpstart Puppy Training Program.