Visiting the Jumpstart Nursery
New safety protocols in the Jumpstart® nursery at Hillary’s Hound House
1. We are offering curbside service during pick up and drop off of your puppy. No one need get out of their vehicle.
2. We wipe down every puppy with chlorhexidine gluconate, an antiviral solution used in vets hospitals and zoos. It is powerful yet harmless to animals and people.
3. During visits to the nursery we maintain social distancing. Once your puppy is comfortable, we will gently wipe him down (an enjoyable experience), and proceed with the visit (see below).
What to Expect on Your Visit
Visits to the Jumpstart Nursery are enjoyable and you will learn a great deal about your puppy. We welcome all puppies 8 weeks to 8 months old that are friendly to people and other puppies. If your puppy is fearful or you have questions, please call us at 415 453 4515. We would love to hear from you.
On visits we typically bring a few of our puppies out (one at a time) for an introduction. We keep these low-key and predictable for all puppies, particularly those that are shy or fearful.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Your puppy should be up to date on all vaccinations according to his age.
- Please have him wear a front clip harness with a 6’ leash (we use Balance harnesses and have several on hand)
- Please note that visits are by appointment. This gives us time to get acquainted and give your puppy the time needed to relax and enjoy the experience.
- All visits take place at:
Hillary’s Hound House
781 Andersen Drive
San Rafael, CA 94901